- The personal information we collect about you;
- What we do with your information; and
- Who your information might be shared with.
This privacy notice explains how we use your personal data in order to improve our services to you, and what choices you have about how we use that data. This privacy notice has been written to comply with the new privacy laws, known as the ‘GDPR’ (General Data Protection Regulation).
Who are we?
Auto-Mate (UK) Ltd, 1 Lincoln Road Brant Broughton Lincoln LN50SR automateuk.com automatetuning.co.uk
The information we gather
As a company we may gather certain information about you when you register with us, purchase products or services from us, when you contact us, send us feedback, post material to our websites or social media channels, complete customer surveys or take part in promotions or competitions run by us. We will never sell any of your personal information to third parties, nor will we transfer your personal data outside of the European Union without your prior consent. Information that we gather about you may include (without limitation) your name, address, email address, telephone number. Please be aware that our website and social media platforms contain links to third party websites and social media platforms. We are not responsible for the security or privacy policies of those third party sites, and recommend that you review those parties’ privacy notices before sharing your personal data on those platforms.
We will retain your personal data in accordance with your instructions and as required by applicable law. We may also retain certain information in order to conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations (and to demonstrate compliance). However, we will not retain your personal data for longer than reasonably necessary
Systems used to process data
We gather information directly from you and also via our website and other systems. These may include, for example:
- Our computer networks and connections;
- Our email and instant messaging systems;
- Internet facilities;
- Our telephones, voicemail, mobile phone records;
Reasons for processing
We process information about you for the following reasons:
- providing services and products to you;
- improving our services
- providing customer service;
- analysing customer feedback;
- investigating complaints;
- ensuring business policies are adhered to;
- tracking activity on our website and social media channels;
- to contact you in the event any products or services you requested are unavailable
- to personalise and improve your experience on our website and social media channels;
- to personalise any communications to you;
- compliance with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice; and
- gathering information as part of investigations by regulatory bodies or in connection with legal proceedings or requests.
Keeping your data secure We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent your personal information being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We also limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it and we never share our data with other organisations. Some of the technical and organisational measures we use to safeguard your personal data are:
- storing your personal data, in all forms, in a secure environment;
- training our staff on the importance of data protection measures;
- employing SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption on every domain owned by us – this allows us to encrypt any passwords and debit/ credit card information to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure;
- securing our network by an advanced firewall supported by industry standard anti-virus software.
We also have policies and procedures in place to deal with any suspected data breach so that we can act quickly to minimise any potential damage.
- Right to fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information
- – we are required to inform you why we want to gather your personal information, what we will do with it, who it will be shared with and how long it will be kept for. That information is set out in this privacy notice, but if you require any further information please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Right to request a copy of your information
- you can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a ‘subject access request’). If you would like a copy of some or all of this information please contact us with proof of your identity and let us know what information you would like. We must provide this information to you in a commonly used and machine readable format.
- Right to require us to correct any mistakes in your information
- you can require us to correct any information which we hold. If you would like to do this, please contact us to let us know the information that is incorrect and what is should be replaced with.
- Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
- you can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes at any time. If you would like to do this, please contact us and let us know what method of contact (one or all) you are not happy with.
- Right to restrict processing
- you can ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example, if you have notified us there is a mistake in the information we hold about you, you may ask us to suspend processing until that mistake is rectified.
- Right to erasure
- otherwise known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ – you can ask us to delete or remove your personal data from our systems where there is no compelling reason for us to continue processing it.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please write to us, using the details provided in the how to contact us section in this document, and provide us with enough information to enable us to confirm your identity. We may also require proof of your identity, such as a copy of your driving license, passport and a recent utility bill or bank statement, to be sure that we are not releasing any of your personal data to anyone other than you.
Changes to this privacy notice
How to contact us
- By post: Privacy Enquiries, Auto-Mate (UK) Ltd
- By e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: 01522 716954
If you would like this notice in another format (for example, audio, large print, braille) please contact us using any of the methods above. If you have a complaint, we hope that we can resolve any issues you have by contacting us via one of the methods above. However, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/or via the helpline: 0303 123 1113.